I want to thank Kaitlyn for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I’m honored she felt my blog was worthy of being showcased and considered. She is an amazing blogger, and I urge everyone to take a look at her website at http://bucketlistwithkait.com/. True to her name, she writes about her bucket list items, things she wants to accomplish in her life. Not just the huge and exciting milestones, but simple things that create memories to last a lifetime. Her blog gives us all ideas on what to plan and look forward to, everything from big trips to a girl’s night out. I feel privileged to be chosen by this blogger and look forward to learning more from her in the future as my blogging career continues.
As part of the Award’s regulations, I’ve been asked to do three things. 1.) Answer questions listed by Kaitlyn to her nominees. 2.) Write a short blurb for my favorite blog to date. 3.) List 10 random facts about myself. So here goes!
Questions for the Blogs I Nominate
1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Switzerland. Hiking is a passion of mine and this country has so much to offer. My husband talks of his memories in Switzerland like it’s truly a dream and we both look forward to experiencing it together soon.
2. Why did you start your blog? As a mom, I wanted my brain to work on deeper levels than nap times and play dates. So I started my website to share my passion of the PNW with others. In the process I’m learning marketing and how to build a website. Blogging is much more than an online diary, it’s an online resource for travelers and families. Building an online resource, or website, started as a hobby and is turning into a career.
3. What is your favorite blog post that you have written, and why? My newest posts are often my favorites, and this week I submitted Washington Olympic Peninsula Day Hikes talking about great adventures on the Washington State Olympic Peninsula, hikes you can accomplish with only a day to spare. As Washington State locals, we wanted to share some our favorite spots with everyone!
4. Would you rather have a relaxing vacation on the beach, or an adventurous vacation hiking in the mountains? No brainer for me, HIKING in the mountains. However, I’m no stranger to a lazy beach day!
5. Poptarts or Toaster Strudels? Poptarts all the way. Great childhood memories!
6. If you had to choose one meal to eat everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be? Just bread, cheese and wine. While in France and Italy, this was all I ate. Grab the three at a local market and carry it around with you throughout your travels. It’s simple, cheap, delicious and incredibly delicious… yes, twice for emphasis.
7. Where do you hope to go on your next trip? Hawaii, California and Bora Bora are booked for 2018. Super excited, and I’ll blog about them all!
8. What is one item on your bucket list you are most excited about accomplishing? I’m not sure if I’m super excited about this one, but crazy afraid of SHARKS. I mean, major fear. So while in Bora Bora, I plan on swimming with these scary critters. It’s a bucket list item I want to check off to say I’ve confronted my worst fear!! Yep, I’ll be writing about that experience too!
9. Where is your happy place? Simply, at home with my family, chasing our daughter around the living room as she screams and giggles. The laughs we share, making our bellies hurt and cheeks sore is the absolute best feeling in the entire world. Sharing simple moments with the ones we love is what makes us truly content in life.
10. What is the best memory you have traveling? Sitting on the beach in Positano, Italy has to be one of my favorite moments in time. Staring out into the Mediterranean Sea, laying next to my husband and soaking up the Italian sunshine. We would walk the beach, smelling the lemons in the air, finding shards of hand painted pottery tumbled by the waters and washed up onto the shore. I had these pieces of pottery turned into jewelry pendants I now wear to remind me of one of the most beautiful places on earth I had the privilege to explore.
My Favorite Blog
Katie is a fellow Northwestener and so I’m drawn to her blog with posts on Weekend Activities and Events in the Pacific Northwest and Essential Items to Pack for your Trip to Oregon. This wife and momma wants to share her life of living in the NW and what she’s learned as a parent, her latest and greatest adventure. Having so much in common, I enjoy reading her posts and advice. Please check her out and I’m positive you will love what you find.
10 Random Facts about me, Taylor Boehme.
1. Fear of Sharks! See above question 8!!
2. Hate beets! I can’t even stand the smell of them.
3. I’ve visited 11 countries around the world.
4. I have a love and deep respect for God’s word the Bible.
5. My husband is an engineer.
6. I love to organize, reorganize and organize again… OCD??
7. Coffee, wine and tea always puts me in a good mood.
8. I volunteer 70 hours each month at my local place of worship.
9. I enjoy building and crafting, especially with a NW rustic twist.
10. The outdoors equals my happy place, all things camping, hiking or gardening with family.
My Nominees are:
Answer the questions above and follow the rules found at https://theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017/. Have fun ladies!!